How to change name and surname in Chile

*This service is only for Chilean citizens

To change the name and surname you must do it through court in on of these following basis:

1)If the name is not from Hispanic origin, it can be change to an Hispanic form of that name

2)In case if the name or surname are ridiculous and can cause moral or material damage to the person

3)If the person was known by another name for 5 years (only in case if that name was not included in the persons birth certificate)

4)In cases of establishing paternity

The trial for this process can last from 6 to 10 months and court decision lasts 90 days.

How to obtain Chilean citizenship